Are you in a Christmas mood? Not really, probably.
I know it’s hard in “these times” and it would bore me to write about how Christmas is different with Covid around. I just hope it doesn’t suck THAT much for you and you’re not stuck in some airport or a hospital bed.
I never have any wishes for Christmas gifts, but this year I’ve decided to give myself a gift: I’m allowing myself to be lazy!
Here’s what I want to do until the year ends: Be lazy, watch Netflix and finish Cyberpunk 2077 and play some Stardew Valley with my girlfriend – and not feel guilty about it.
It sucks that I have to re-learn this, apparently.Just playing and having fun. As a kid, that was so natural and effortless.
It’s ok to just be. I haven’t done anything wrong (which I seem to always feel, to some extent).
This doesn’t mean that I don’t have days where I’m lazy and unproductive already. But I tend to feel guilty on those days which ruins the entire thing and sucks the pleasure out my laziness. Being lazy is amazing, if done right.
How about you try to be lazy too, at least for a few days? Don’t make plans, don’t try to cram work and projects into your holiday (if you even have a few days off).
You know what, I’m going to start right now: be lazy and not write more than this.
😴 What might help you find calm
Intentional ASMR Picks:
- I enjoyed this shaving & grooming roleplay by ASMR twodae (a channel I didn’t know before, but it’s great)
- RealBreakingNate doesn’t usually create ASMR, but this Pokemon card unboxing was surprisingly relaxing (and he finds a super rare card)
- Here’s a popular Brazilian creator, Sweet Carol, with some great triggers on a strange-looking head Pretty short and funny, but enjoyable: TomASMR tapping on a green Lamborghini Gallardo (really not sure if he’s allowed to do that – I remember loving this car in Need for Speed)
- Loved this Hogwarts hospital roleplay (by Judy ASMR, a South Korean channel – I didn’t know they like Harry Potter, too)
- And finally, I played around with some colorful magnets – you might like it, too 🙂
Unintentional ASMR Picks:
- If you want to know about personality types, Michael Pierce has a super relaxing voice (and it’s interesting too!) Check out this ENFP video
- A relaxing shampooing and head massage session somewhere in Vietnam
- I think Noam Chomsky has a great calm voice (and he has lots of insightful things to say, too). Here’s an interview on the concept of language from 2014
- Loved this interview with Christopher Judge, the uber-manly voice of Kratos in God of War (an amazing game, by the way)